25 March 2010

Fierce Tiger Manicure

I AM OFFICIALLY ON SPRING BREAK AND BOY DOES IT FEEL GOOOOOOOODDD! :D. Sorry, but I had to let that out. :)

Anyways, moving on...



So, I decided to be fierce today and do a tiger print nail design, inspired by my nail design guru, Asami. She did a tutorial on this awhile back, but I never had the time do it because of school work and such. So now that I have the time, I was very impressed with how it came out. I've done a zebra print design before but i really like the tiger print because there is so much more color to it than just the bland "black and white".

In order to achieve this look I used two coats of a semi-sheer nude color from Essie's Vanity Fairest and then another two coats of a sheer glitter orange OPI's Goldilocks Rocks! I decided to use two coats of the sheer glitter because it was so thin and figured that another coat wouldn't hurt. For the stripes, I used acrylic paint from Micheal's (So much cheaper compared to the nail design paint from Sally's, I got on sale 2 for $1, but they usually are 59 cents. Plus you get a 2oz bottle, more bang for your buck. I originally got this idea from Asami who uses it to do her nail art. Very creative to use acrylic paint, I would have never thought of it.

I thought that using the glitter orange color would make the design look tacky, but it was the only orange color I had and I didn't want to go out and buy an orange color that I'm gong to rarely use. However, I was really surprised how well it came out. Wasn't as flashy as I thought it would because, because the black stripes helps deviate attention from the glittery base color. Overall, I am very pleased with how it came out. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, that actually looks pretty sweet! They do look fierce but in a good way so don't worry! I've always wanted to try something like that but I have the worst steady hands ever. I've also been looking for a nude-ish color too so do you recommend that Essie color?

And I've been trying to comment on your previous post but my internet has been SO SLOW for some reason. ANYWAY, I love the Hello Kitty keychain of course! Although I love my red one I'm really starting to take to the green one you have there... Perhaps because it's looking a bit mint green in the photos but I'm assuming it's because of the flash?? Haha, good job anyway!

Can't wait for tomorrow!!! Where shall we dine and shop?! I need to go to H&M for sure 'cause I need to get a birthday present for Priscilla & I remember seeing some cute Hello Kitty clothes there. Not sure what to get my mom though... So, perhaps Pasadena? I don't know! See you tmrw!!! <333

Alice said...

Thank you! :) I can do this manicure for you anytime if you like! I can also do cheetah print if you prefer. Yes, I would recommend that Essie color because it has a bit of shimmer in it but it is not overpowering. But then again, most of Essie colors are on the nude side so any one of them would be good.

Yeah, I figured you'd like the green hk lanyard but you chose red one. :) Yeah, it's totally the camera. It is lime green, ugh I hate my camera...so inaccurate. :(

Yes, I was totally thinking Pasadena too! Omg H&M has such cute hello kitty sweaters! I'm sure you will find something there for your mom too. Yay, I'm excited! :) See you tomorrow! <3

Anonymous said...

Sooooo awesome! You rock this look and I love it on you! Thank you very much for the shoutouts, you have made me happy. :)

Alice said...

Thanks Asami! It was all inspired by you! :)

Post a Comment